02 August 2010

Paper Space Marine

I'm still saving up to get my first box of miniatures, but have this to keep me busy for the meantime.

It's a 146 piece papercraft model of a Space Marine. That's right, a 3D model of a Space Marine made entirely of paper and glue. It even comes with plans to make a bolter and chainsword!

Since the instructions came with 170 different chapter colour schemes to choose from, I have started a little poll (on the right hand side of your screen). As the model featured on the other website is of an Ultramarine, I thought that I'd let you (and anyone else who happens upon this site) help to decide on which chapter I should build. The poll will run until 31 August 2010, which is when I leave for 'holiday'. My plan is to build a model of the winning chapter during the 3 weeks I'm away and keep you updated on the process. Depending on how that one goes I may try make a second one when I get back in late September.

So feel free to vote as many times as you like, as well as post any suggestions in the comments area below. Any suggestions I like may be added to the poll and will receive a bonus point when I tally up the votes next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment