04 September 2010

What the paper marine will look like

Today I finally finished customising the texture file for my paper marine. All in all there there were only eleven modifications (see picture below). Despite these being only subtle differences, it still took quite a bit of time to get right. In the end, I used portions from other textures from several other chapters provided with the original download, and made a few 'free hand' modifications too.


Default Salamander texture (left) & my custom texture (right).


I've included pictures of the wire frames generated by Papakura Viewer so that you may see the differences between my texture and the one supplied, and so that I could show you what (I hope) the final model will look like. The only additional change I intend to make now, is to swap the shoulders around.

Guess it's time to find some paper and print my marine...

No comments:

Post a Comment